Are you a non-profit organization dedicated to keeping BC beautiful? Are you focused on sustainability and the environment? BC Hydro is looking for you, and wants to award you $10,000!
As local Burnaby Electricians with our own environmental mandate, we want to get the word out to all you non-profits as an opportunity for (always critical) more funding! Having worked with important projects such as the Bloom Group, we know how critical these funding opportunities can be. And this is a great opportunity:
Community Champions is open to non-profit organizations in British Columbia. To enter, organizations submit a video explaining how they’re making a difference in their community in the area of sustainability, conservation or the environment.
Videos from non-profit organizations are accepted August 15 to September 30, 2013.
And remember to focus on:
- How your organization contributes to sustainability: Tell us how your organization and project contributes to sustainability and the environment.
- An energy or electricity focus: Does your project or organization support energy conservation and energy efficiency? This should be clearly communicated in your video.
- Supporting the community: It’s not called Community Champions for nothing. Share how your organization supports and benefits your local community.
- Quality of your video: Make sure your video clearly identifies your organization and what you do.
- Youth and school engagement: Your video should explain how your organization engages youth and schools.