October is Power Smart Month, and to celebrate as BC Hydro Power Smart Alliance members, we thought we would share the top five Fall energy-saving tips!
- Switch to LED or CFL bulbs in all your fixtures
- Ensure all your appliances are Energy-Star rated
- Install a programmable thermostat, and keep the heat down when no one is home
- Turn the heat down 2 degrees and save 15% of your heating costs
- Reduce standby power use in your appliances by unplugging them or turning off your power bar
Finally, click here to play BC Hydro’s fun game of Plinko to win cool prizes, and receive great energy-saving tips!